Thursday, May 30, 2013

Evening at Great Meadows NWR

I heard my first ever Black-Billed Cuckoo calling as soon as I got out of the car!  Here's a website where you can listen to the call.  It's an awesome sound.


I am happy to report that the Yellow Warbler who built her nest in a questionable location right next to the path is still there and sitting on her nest!  You can just barely see her in the photo above, and I guess the leaves have filled in a lot since I last saw her.  I didn't want to stress her out by trying to get a better shot.   I'm still worried about how low she is to the ground.  Only time will tell.

Great Blue Heron


Red-Winged Blackbird


Canada gosling
The proportions are so funny!


and the rest of the family


Song Sparrow


Eastern Tiger Swallowtail


Song Sparrow
Feeding frenzy?


or hungry mouths to feed.




Great Blue Heron

88 degrees when I arrived and a cool 81 degrees when I left.....a hot walk!



No comments:

Post a Comment