Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bugs and Birds

The rain stopped and there was a crack of blue sky and sunshine right when my lunch break occurred.  Perfect timing!  I drove over to Hopkinton State Park to see what I could find.

The first thing I noticed when I got out of the car was swarms of bugs flying around, trying to get in my ears and nose.  I thought I'd share this photo so that you know it isn't all sunshine and roses!

Buzzzzzzzz


Barn Swallow

My one word description of this bird is "sleek".

I had some nice looks at the Barn Swallows hanging around the boathouse.  I think they were enjoying the bugs a lot more than I was!  I took a very tiny video of one that landed under the eaves of the boathouse.  You'll be able to hear their twittering sound.


Barn Swallow video




They held an impromptu meeting on the sailboat to try to determine what to do about my annoying presence.



Chipping Sparrow

My one word description of this bird is "dapper".


Double-Crested Cormorant


A good reason to drive down Dogwood Lane in the park


Redbud (near the entrance)

I saw an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail as I was exiting the park and wanted to stop illegally to try to snap a photo, but I was out of time, so I did the right thing and went home.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment