Saturday, June 20, 2015

Grass-Pink Orchids

I had been planning to go back to Ponemah Bog to try to get a look at the following:
  1. Grass-Pink Orchids
  2. Bog Copper butterflies
  3. Sundew with insects caught on them
Grass-Pink Orchid

George was up for a ride, so we both enjoyed the bog.  I think I saw two fly-by Bog Coppers, but neither one was near enough to the boardwalk for a positive ID.  The grass-pink orchids were beautiful ~~ my first time seeing them!  No luck with insects on the sundew.  You know what the means....I'll just have to go back again!

 Sundew, Pitcher Plants and Grass-Pinks all in one view!
Kettle Pond in back




 Sundew


 Elfin Skimmer (male)

 Blooming Cranberries


 Common Whitetail (female)

Indian Skipper

Peck's Skipper

 Eastern Bluebird

Northern Cloudywing

Peck's Skipper

Back at home, I saw a flash of orange flying in the back yard and found a nice Eastern Comma.

 Eastern Comma



No comments:

Post a Comment