Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Another Morning at BHCL

The weather report for later in the day was miserable, so I forced myself to get out for an early morning walk.  It was full of entertaining characters, as usual.

Song Sparrow
carrying food

As I approached the wetlands and saw three frightened rabbits run away, I wondered if anyone harvests anything for themselves from the community gardens!


Yellow Warbler

beautiful dewdrops

juvenile Downy Woodpecker


American Goldfinch

Red Milkweed Beetles

 Gray Catbird

Dogbane with morning dew

juvenile Gray Catbird (near parking lot)

Catbirds nested near the parking area last year, too.  This little one was about to be fed a mouthful of insects by one of its parents.  The parent flew off, and this smart guy tucked itself deeper into the thicket just after I snapped this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment