Saturday, October 13, 2012

Yellow-Rumped Warbler

I went back to Cushing Memorial Park today to try to satisfy my craving for fall warblers.  Yesterday's lunch hour was just not enough.

There were tons of Yellow-rumped Warblers around and many of them were cooperative models.  They were fueling up on berries and other delicacies for their long southern journey.  Some worked hard to acrobatically pluck the berries that were hanging on the trees; others were content to pluck a fallen berry out of the grass and then fly into the tree to eat it.

I love this little bird!



















2 comments:

  1. So cute Dawn! Love the one with the berry in its bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one, too! Keeping my fingers crossed that you see a Pine Siskin this weekend!

      Delete