Sunday, October 21, 2012

Mass Audubon Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary

I had a couple free hours while my son was at practice, so I drove over to Broadmoor in Natick and took an hour walk.  I forced myself to take a different route than my normal circuit and headed down Indian Brook Path....

Once I passed the private driveway, I entered an area with lots of bittersweet vines and consequently, lots of bird activity.  I saw American Robins, Yellow-Rumped Warblers, White-breasted Nuthatches, Cardinals, Cedar Waxwings, a Northern Flicker, and a Sparrow I have yet to identify but am hoping is a Savannah Sparrow.  Nice way to pass an hour!

Yellow-Rumped Warbler
 (most common warbler I've seen this Fall)


Cedar Waxwing


 American Robin


Northern Flicker (male)


Yellow-Rumped Warbler


 Indian Brook Trail


Clay-colored Sparrow
(working on identification - possible Clay-colored Sparrow)

Closer look at Clay-colored Sparrow



 poss. Savannah Sparrow
Purple Finch (female)

She needs a napkin!


Cedar Waxwing


Pine Warbler


What a pretty sky!

It couldn't have been a more beautiful fall day here in New England.



No comments:

Post a Comment