Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mass Audubon Waseeka Wildlife Sanctuary

I went to Farm Pond at noon time but didn't see any wildlife.  Then, as I was returning to the parking lot, I was sure I saw some "wild life" happening on a grassy slope.  Don't ask!  My husband thinks someone was probably just doing "push ups", but I don't think so.   In any event, I rushed on to Cushing Memorial Park hoping for nature.....and decided it will probably be a while before I return to Farm Pond.  The risk of urban parks on a warm day, I guess.

Tonight after work, my son and I went for a walk at Waseeka Wildlife Sanctuary.  I wanted to make up for the noontime walk, and I felt better with a chaperone!   It was beautiful (during the last hour of daylight), and we had some good nature sightings!



Pose #1 (I refuse to look at you)

 Pose #2 (You're making me nervous)

Pose #3 (the mad dash)

flock of Canada geese

Note:  Did you know that the correct term is "Canada geese", and that "Canadian geese" indicates an amateur birder?  I have always referred to them as Canadian geese, because I'm an amateur.... but I'm still learning!  

 Love the reflections at this sanctuary.  It's always so pretty.


 Belted Kingfisher
(There were 2 out over the middle of the water chasing each other.  I wish they would have flown my way!)

 Wood ducks

 Downy woodpecker



No comments:

Post a Comment