Thursday, May 14, 2015

Quick Evening Walk at BHCL

Since I missed my lunch break today, I had to try to get out tonight to get that outdoor time.  It was the last hour before sunset, and the birds were still active.  It was quite beautiful.

Savannah Sparrow

Brown-Headed Cowbirds

Tree Swallow


I took this photo so you could get an idea of how many bugs are in the air this time of year.    Too bad I have that big red lens flare.  If you look just on the top left of the red dot, you will see the bugs.

Tree Swallow

 Baltimore Oriole (female)

Baltimore Oriole (male)

Remember the other day when Freddie thought the Baltimore Orioles were building a nest?  Well, she was exactly right.  Look to the right of the male above.  That is where she saw the beginnings.  They've made a lot of progress, although it still looks a bit thin.


 Yellow Warbler

Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment