Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wilson's Snipe

I had to go back to Bolton Flats and try to see a Wilson's Snipe.  The overflow at the entrance was quite deep and fast this morning, but I chose my steps carefully and splashed through with my waterproof hiking shoes.  Success!  I spent an hour there before anyone else arrived.  The people who came in after me were not very quiet as they came through the overflow, and I wondered how they expected to see anything after making all that noise.

Wilson's Snipe



Greater Yellowlegs and Lesser Yellowlegs


American Pipit (click for an enlargement)


Ditto


Yellowlegs in flight


Wilson's Snipe in flight
Green-Winged Teals

Also seen:
Great Blue Heron
Killdeer
Mallard
Northern Flicker
Osprey
Red-Winged Blackbird
Song Sparrow









No comments:

Post a Comment