Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring Birding at Garden in the Woods

My first visit in 2013!  I wasn't sure how much would be in bloom since we are having such a cold spring, but it was absolutely beautiful AND I saw my first Barred Owl!  WOW!  That was worth the visit alone!  So lucky the crows were mobbing it.  I would never have found it without their help!

Trout Lily


Dutchmen's Breeches


Fern



 Bloodroot


Oconee-Bells



Tadpoles

 Ribbit


 Here come the leaves!


 Blood root


Fresh leaves


Marsh Marigolds next to Hop Brook


Eastern Phoebe


White-Breasted Nuthatch


 Ditto

Now....I was really tired of walking at this point, but suddenly, some crows started cawing up a storm and in the middle of the cawing was some HOOTING.  Well, my energy level spiked and I ran like crazy to the area where all the noise was coming from and saw my first Barred Owl!  Very exciting!

Barred Owl




No comments:

Post a Comment