Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Birding at Waseeka Wildlife Sanctuary

I took my lunchtime walk at Waseeka today.  There was one other person already on the dam, photographing some fresh scat.  This  is a whole other area of expertise that I have yet to learn about (ha ha).  People can identify what creature left the scat by looking at it!  Wow.  I'm still wondering about that big orange pile I saw repeatedly on the trail at Great Meadows back in March.....I think it's the only scat I have actually photographed, because it was so strange looking.



Back to Waseeka.....both osprey were visible today, one in the same position to the left of the nest; the other on a different tree a ways back from the nest tree.

Also seen:  Common Grackles, Ring-Necked Duck, Hooded Merganser, Tree Swallows, Eastern Painted Turtles

Click for a bigger view.


Ditto


I love this view!


And I love watercolor reflections!





No comments:

Post a Comment