Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Photography to Painting

My brother, Ken Vesey, is a great artist, although he is always very humble and, in my opinion, his own harshest critic.  He has so much talent, and I am amazed and envious at what he is able to create with his own two hands.   Here are a few paintings he has done based on my photos.  These are all watercolors.

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
Garden in the Woods
Framingham, MA





 Wildflowers on Power Line Trail
Broad Meadow Brook Conservation Center and Wildlife Sanctuary
Worcester, MA




Cedar Waxwing
Wachusett Meadow Wildlife Sanctuary
Princeton, MA




American Goldfinch (male)
My backyard
Ashland, MA



 Red-winged Blackbird (male)
Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge
Concord, MA



Northern Cardinal (male)
Wildwood Cemetery
Ashland, MA

 Eastern Bluebird (male)
Tower Hill Botanic Garden
Boylston, MA



Black-Capped Chickadee
unknown location




2 comments:

  1. Please let your brother know that I think the bird paintings are absolutely beautiful and to always continue painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! Thank you for taking the time to share such a nice compliment!

      Delete