Saturday, September 8, 2012

Great Blue Herons

It's the weekend!!!!  I couldn't decide where to go first.  I headed to Wayland to check out the Cow Commons (don't you just love historic New England?), but got side-tracked on Route 9.  Earlier in the week, I had noticed that the water had been drained out of the reservoir on the south side of Route 9 and there were several herons fishing in there.  I had wanted to go back.....and this was just my chance. I parked up by Temple Street and walked back down to the bridge.

Great Blue Heron


Solitary Sandpiper





Meanwhile, on to Cow Common!  Cow Common looked like it had great possibility, but when I got there, there were unleashed dogs running about and I immediately lost my nerve.  I saw a couple butterflies before the dogs came back to the parking lot side of the meadows.....but that was it for me.  No walking here.  Sorry!  

The view!



No comments:

Post a Comment