Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ogunquit, Beautiful Place by the Sea

My sister and I spent the day in Ogunquit, Maine, and what a gorgeous day it was!  Here are the highlights from the few birds we saw.  I apologize in advance for not being certain about any of the identities.  I have no expertise in shore or sea birds at all.  My sister thought you might still like the photos, regardless of my uncertainty about what they were.

Sanderlings
Running from the wave

Run!!!

Sanderlings (left and right) and possible Semi-Palmated Sandpiper (center)

Sanderling




Common Eider (females)


Common Eider (male)

Song Sparrow

Fiery Skipper 
(the only other butterflies we saw were one fly-by Monarch and lots of Cabbage Whites)

Footprints in the sand

Herring Gull
Showing off his best side

No comments:

Post a Comment