Saturday, April 25, 2015

Spring Walk at BHCL

This morning I walked in Wayland on the Bay Circuit Trail.  Birds were quiet.  The only sightings I had were a Northern Cardinal, a Northern Mockingbird, American Robins and Eastern Phoebes.  At least it was sunny with beautiful blue skies and puffy white clouds!


Northern Mockingbird

In the early afternoon, I put in some hard labor at the Ashland Community Gardens, raking, cleaning and helping get the raised beds ready for another season of vegetables!

Late afternoon I took a walk at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land.  Although it was in the 50s, it was cool and cloudy.  I did not see any butterflies, but there were nice birds.  I did enjoy watching mice run among the grass clumps in the wetlands area, too.  Too quick to photograph!


 Savannah Sparrow in the orchard



 ditto


 2 for 1

 Chipping Sparrow

Savannah Sparrow

Also seen:
American Crow
American Goldfinch
Black-Capped Chickadee
Brown Headed Cowbird
Eastern Bluebird
Eastern Phoebe
European Starling
House Sparrow
Mourning Dove
Northern Mockingbird
Red-Tailed Hawk
Red-Winged Blackbird
Song Sparrow
Tufted Titmouse

No comments:

Post a Comment