Saturday, April 18, 2015

A Visit to Garden in the Woods

I started the day by participating in a wildlife survey project in Southboro at Beals Preserve.  Three volunteers searched the leaf litter for salamanders.  We found several.  I had no luck personally, but I did have one sit in my hand, which I thought was quite an accomplishment!

Red-Backed Salamander

Afterwards, I took a walk to see what else might be around the property.  I did see two Mourning Cloaks, but they were not cooperating for photos.

Song Sparrow


In the afternoon, I walked at Garden in the Woods in Framingham.  I used my older camera for macro shots of some beautiful wildflowers, but now I can't get them off my camera!  These are the ones from my other camera.

 Blood Root





 Eastern Painted Turtle


 Wood Frog

 Hepatica

 Skunk Cabbage

 Look what's inside!

 Green Frog

 Mourning Cloak

 Black-capped Chickadee 
Doesn't he look like he's doing a vampire impression?  He was just preening his wings.

Blood Root

No comments:

Post a Comment