Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Chipping Sparrow

I saw my first Chipping Sparrow of the year today in my yard.  That was a nice surprise!  So, he/she joins the other early migrants, proving that Spring has indeed sprung:  Red-winged Blackbirds, Great Blue Herons, Eastern Phoebes, Song Sparrows, and Wood Ducks (so far!).  It's nice to start seeing more variety in addition to the "regulars" that stuck around through the winter.

Chipping Sparrow
(dark and rainy at this point, so blurry)

Song Sparrow

This little Song Sparrow was serenading me in spite of the heavy rain.  Poor thing!  I bet they're not particularly enjoying the cold temps and rain/snow mix!  I know I'm not!

Good thing I went out early this morning when the weather was better.  I was searching for ducks and only found a few, but I did enjoy the early morning light.

Sudbury Reservoir Trail, Deerfoot Road

Hopkinton State Park


 We need more melting!!






No comments:

Post a Comment