Saturday, April 4, 2015

Green-Winged Teal

Late afternoon, I headed out again to see if I could find an American Kestrel in Westboro.  Success!  I wasn't able to get very close to it, so the photo is grainy, but I was happy to see this beautiful bird.


I next went to Mill Road to check out the dam and see if there were any odd geese there.  The water was still mostly frozen, and birds were few.  I only saw a single pair of Canada Geese and 9 Mute Swans.  The view was the best part of this stop.


On the way home, I thought I'd check out Heirloom Harvest CSA Farm.  I am glad I did.  There was a small temporary pond in the wet fields, and it was full of ducks.  I had to walk carefully out there, avoiding some very deep mud, but I was rewarded with a beautiful Green-Winged Teal sighting!

Green-Winged Teal (male)


I'm pretty sure this is his mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment