Monday, May 16, 2016

Back to Wildwood Cemetery

Knowing I wouldn't be able to devote my lunch break to nature today, I set out early this morning to see what I could find.  This time I was determined to put in some more practice with my tripod and shutter release.

 Bluets

 Pussytoes


Baltimore Oriole

Warbling Vireo






I still had a half hour to spare, so I headed over to Breakneck Hill and looked around the orchard area.



Red-Winged Blackbird (female)

Song Sparrow

Baltimore Oriole (male)

Baltimore Oriole (female)

She was actually letting the male know she was ready and willing to mate, but he didn't take her up on her invitation.  I thought I was going to witness it two days in a row in two different locations.



It was in the 30s when I set out, and although it was a stunningly beautiful morning, it was also stunningly cold!

I couldn't get out during my lunch break today, but after work I went to check on my local spot for Pink Ladyslippers.  Some people have reported seeing them already.  Seemed about right, but most of them were just small green leaves.  A few had white buds, and ONE was PINK!



First of Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment