Thursday, May 12, 2016

A Nice Variety of Birds

I started my day with an hour at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land.  In spite of yesterday being a bust, bird-wise, I was tempted to try again.  You just never know!  It was SO worth it.  I saw a Blackburnian Warbler!  Only for a second and only through my binoculars.  No photo.  But what a thrill!

Other sights included:



 Yellow Warbler


Gray Catbird

hungry Yellow-Rumped Warbler

Northern Cardinal in the apple blossoms!


angry Red-Winged Blackbird (male)

In the afternoon, I walked at Westboro WMA and added many wonderful birds to my day's tally:

Yellow Warbler

Baltimore Oriole

American Redstart

Yellow-Throated Vireo

Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher

and one sitting in its beautifully crafted nest!

Savannah Sparrow

Great Blue Heron


No comments:

Post a Comment