Sunday, August 30, 2015

Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds

I decided to visit a new place, Squantum Point Park, in Quincy.  It was a very urban park, not terribly pretty, and with lots of dogs walking (and swimming).  There were nice views of the city.


There were lots of fruit trees there, and I suspect it would be a good place for fruit-eating birds in winter.  I'd rather not think about winter just yet though!




 Double-Crested Cormorants were fishing off the dock

 "Karate Kid" Snowy Egret


 American Goldfinch

Snowy Egrets


In the afternoon, I attempted to visit the Mass Horticultural Gardens at Elm Bank, but with two weddings going on, most of the gardens were out of bounds.  For a backup plan, I headed over to Tower Hill Botanic Garden.





 Ruby-Throated Hummingbird

 the Vegetable Garden



 Indigo Rose Tomatoes






 another Ruby-Throated Hummingbird




 and another!

 Red-Eyed Vireo!!

 hungry Chipmunk


 and another Ruby-Throated Hummingbird


No comments:

Post a Comment