Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Farm Pond

I actually enjoyed the sights around my own yard a bit more than the sights at Farm Pond.  Ho hum.  I just wasn't impressed.  I am happy to report that it was wildly overgrown and wasn't mowed to within an inch of its life.   There was a lot of Joe Pye Weed and Swamp Loosestrife in bloom along the edge of the pond.  Still, I was only there since Breakneck Hill Road was closed due to construction, and I just wasn't inspired



 Eastern Painted Turtle (one of two)

 Wood Ducks (females)
They were quite distant.


Clouded Sulphur

Eastern Willow-Herb (native)

Swamp Loosestrife (native, but invasive)

Song Sparrow

Peck's Skipper

 Halloween Pennant

Great Spangled Fritillary


Meanwhile, at home, I had the following entertaining visitors:

House Finch mother feeding its young

Great Spangled Fritillary

 Peck's Skipper

 mystery spider

Crab Spider, the biggest one I've ever seen

No comments:

Post a Comment