Saturday, January 31, 2015

Miscellaneous Hawks

It was too cold to do much birding today, but I did see what I believe to be a Cooper's Hawk while at the Douglas Town Hall.  Then, when I got back to my own neighborhood, I spotted a Red-Tailed Hawk.

Cooper's Hawk

I had stopped at Douglas Town Hall and was just getting back in the car, when this hawk flew across my line of sight with a Blue Jay close behind it.  It landed briefly just beyond the town hall, and I was only able to get a long-distance shot before it flew off again.

 Red-Tailed Hawk

I stopped at Hopkinton State Park and looked for drifting snow to photograph.  There wasn't much of a selection.  I saw better when I was out driving about earlier, but most times, there was no safe place to stop.






No comments:

Post a Comment