Thursday, January 8, 2015

Winter Blues

When I opened the blinds today, there were 4 Eastern Bluebirds sitting on the edge of the tray feeder of freeze-dried mealworms.  What a beautiful start to the day!  It was 1 below zero, with wind chill more like 20 below, so they definitely deserved this protein-rich food.  I have never had bluebirds during spring, summer or fall, so I consider them "winter blues"!

Eastern Bluebird

At lunch I checked the cemetery and all was quiet.  Next I stopped at Hopkinton State Park.  Of course it was practically 100% frozen over, but where the ice had shifted near the boat docks, there were some gorgeous formations.  Some of them looked almost like waves that had frozen in place.





You know it's cold when the weather is the news of the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment