Saturday, January 17, 2015

Barrow's Goldeneye at Dorchester Harbor Walk

16 degrees
Clear skies and sunshine
A gorgeous January day!!

I had the harbor walk pretty much to myself today, probably because of the chilly temperature.  I saw some great birds!

Beautiful Boston from Columbia Point

Horned Grebe

White-Winged Scoter

Ring-Necked Ducks

Red-Breasted Merganser

White-Winged Scoter

Common Goldeneye
floating in the sparkling sea

Common Eider (male) with catch

Bufflehead (male)

Horned Grebe (nonbreeding plumage)

Surf Scoters

Song Sparrow

My view of Dorchester Bay

Barrow's Goldeneye (male)
Did I mention this is a life bird for me???????

Common Eider (female) with catch

Great Black-Backed Gull

not sure about this one
possibly a female Barrow's Goldeneye
female Common Goldeneye
(Thanks to Alan M for the correct ID!  Per Alan, female Barrow's have a bright yellow bill.)

I really liked these broken shadows on the JFK Library ramp/building

view of Back Bay from Columbia Point

1 comment: