Monday, January 19, 2015

Birds and Bones at BHCL

It was a mild, partly cloudy day today, an absolutely beautiful day for my walk (especially when the sun broke through the clouds).  I spent my lunch hour at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land.  It really felt like spring, both because of the temperature (40 degrees) and because the house finch males were filling the air with their songs.

The view:  (sigh)




The birds:

European Starlings

Eastern Bluebird (female)
She looks like she is upset about this broken down nesting box.  Where's the maintenance man?

Eastern Bluebird (male)

House Finch (male)

Blue Jay

 Norm!!!
Back in its normal wintering location right on the parking lot....

Northern Mockingbird....very trusting today.



The bones (deciduous trees in winter):






I am a tree hugger!  I like them in the spring, summer, fall and winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment