Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Carolina Wren

I think the Carolina Wrens were a bit jealous of all the attention the Eastern Bluebirds were getting.  After all, they like the mealworms too.  Maybe they aren't as colorful, but they are cute.

Proud to be a Carolina Wren!



Had to find some camouflage in all the white snow!

Hey, check out my tail feathers!  Aren't they pretty?
Forget those Eastern Bluebirds, already!


Sorry, little wren.  I can't forget about the bluebirds!  I love them too much!  Today I was able to get their regular feeder filled again, and when I looked high up in the treetops, they were all up there waiting for me to go back inside so they could come down and empty it!






Here's a post-storm look at the wetlands area.



By the way, I am not the only birdwatcher in this house.  This is what we call "Cat TV".  And that's the little wooden shelter (on top of one of our tables) that my husband built to protect the mealworms during the blizzard!




No comments:

Post a Comment