Sunday, March 10, 2013

Jamaica Pond

George and I walked around Jamaica Pond this morning.  It was hard to get a parking spot on the side of the road because there were at least 6 cars there that were plowed in from the last storm.

American Coots


Ring-Necked Ducks


Canada Goose


American Robin (angry bird)


Common Grackle

Hooded Merganser


Pied-Billed Grebe


Common Mergansers


Ruddy Ducks, sleeping

Note:

I also spotted a very tightly banded Canada Goose on this visit.  I never thought about reporting the information until I read another bird blog where the author reported on a goose and when he heard back, discovered that the goose had originally been banded in Greenland!  So, I was suddenly motivated to try making a report.  Soon after, I received my Certificate of Appreciation from the North American Bird Banding Program.  "My" goose had originally been banded in Hingham, MA in 2005.  Not quite as interesting as the Greenland goose, but still worthwhile!




No comments:

Post a Comment