Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Birds around Ashland

I drove over to Warren Woods to check for birds in the fields in that area.   On the way, I drove past Stone Park, stopping briefly when I saw two Turkey Vultures circling overhead.

 Turkey Vultures

After Warren Woods, I decided to stop on Queen Isabella Drive and see if any Killdeer were there today.   I could hear them calling behind the construction fence, and I think I saw two fly by, although I didn't get a photo of them.  I did see the following while I was there:

 Red-Tailed Hawk

 Muskrat



 Canada Geese

European Starlings with a few Red-Winged Blackbirds

I made a quick stop in Wildwood Cemetery, where I found the European Starlings and Red-Winged Blackbirds had landed in an area where the snow had melted away and left some open grass.   I also saw a couple of Northern Flickers there, too.  In spite of the grey skies, it wasn't a bad birding lunch hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment