Sunday, December 9, 2012

Today's Birds

I made a quick stop in Southboro this morning to try to get some birding in before my busy day started.

White-Throated Sparrow




 Song Sparrow


 House Finches (1 female and 2 males)


 House Finch (female)


The light on the water was so pretty.  These photos just don't do it justice.  They look kind of pale and washed out compared to the beauty of the morning in person.



I stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the way home and saw two birds high in the treetops of the neighboring parking lot.

 Northern Cardinal


Northern Mockingbird

An hour before sunset, I found myself with enough time to squeeze in another quick hike, so I drove over to the Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary.  Didn't see too many birds besides mallards, and it was getting dark fast, but it was a pleasant end to the weekend.



Mallards

 Black-Capped Chickadee holding tight to something to eat

Good night, marsh!

No comments:

Post a Comment