Saturday, December 1, 2012

Birding at Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary

Last week, you may recall, I spotted my first Fox Sparrow but my camera malfunctioned and I came home to find that all the photos I had taken were lost.  I really want a photo of this bird, so I returned to the Broadmoor in hopes of finding it again.  Ha ha ha ha ha.

It was snowing quite steadily during my hike at Broadmoor.

White-Breasted Nuthatch

White-Throated Sparrow

American Robin

White-Throated Sparrow (white-striped variety)

Black-Capped Chickadee


Eastern Bluebird

Northern Parula 
This is a warbler that should be in Central America by now.  Fly away!

Red-Breasted Nuthatch

Tufted Titmouse



Back at home, I spotted a deer with a nice set of antlers sitting on the hill in the woods in my backyard, so I put my winter coat back on and went out back to snap a picture.  Turned out there were two out there; the other was a female.




No comments:

Post a Comment