Monday, December 31, 2012

Red-Breasted Nuthatches

The last official bird sightings of 2012:

Elm Bank Reservation
Wellesley, MA

There were lots of kids sledding on the main hill at the front entrance to the Reservation.  The gardens were quiet with few tracks through the deep snow.  I kept to the paved paths.



The statue on the right looks like she's holding a large ice cream cone!


Red-Breasted Nuthatches made their little squeaking sounds in the tall trees near the buildings.  It was nice to hear them.  I saw at least four.



This American Robin was having an early supper of crabapples.

I stopped at Hopkinton State Park to see if I could catch the sunset, but I was just a few minutes too late.  I was surprised to find quite a few mallards in the water.  There's usually not much in this reservoir.  Don't you like the way the water looks?






Happy New Year!  I hope you enjoy the beauty and peace of your natural world in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment