Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Part Time Birding

I have very few daylight hours to devote to birding on weekdays, especially during the dark winter months.  Today I went out for a little less than an hour before work and another hour during lunch.   The sun sets here before I finish working, so there is no chance to get out after work.  I'm looking forward to each additional couple of minutes as the days get longer!

My list for the day is not too bad considering.....some days are better than others!

American Crow (1)
American Goldfinch (3)
American Robin (60+)
Black-Capped Chickadee (5)
Blue Jay (1)
Canada geese (30)
Dark-Eyed Juncos (20+)
Downy Woodpecker (1)
Eastern Bluebirds (12+)
Mute Swan (1)
Northern Cardinal (2)
Red-Tailed Hawk (2)

Song Sparrow (1)
Tufted Titmouse (5)

White-Breasted Nuthatch (4)
White-Throated Sparrow (1)

Red-tailed Hawk

White-Breasted Nuthatch

 White-throated Sparrow

 Downy Woodpecker

 Tufted Titmouse

Black-Capped Chickadee

One of my favorite trees.  


No comments:

Post a Comment