Arctic Skipper (AK)
Canadian Tiger Swallowtail (AK)
Milbert's Tortoiseshell (AK)
Western White (AK)
Burncoat Pond Wildlife Sanctuary
Great Meadows NWR Sudbury Unit
Mt. Tom State Reservation
Odiorne Point State Park (NH)
Purgatory Chasm State Reservation
Dozens of Red Efts on a woodland trail at Burncoat Pond right after a rain shower!
Fox kits hanging out in my backyard after our vacation in Alaska!
- ALDER FLYCATCHER*, 6/2014, Alaska
- AMERICAN KESTREL*, 4/30/2014, Westboro
- AMERICAN REDSTART*, 5/12/2014, Hopkinton
- ARCTIC TERN*, 6/2014, Alaska
- BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER*, 5/7/2014, Ashland
- BLACKPOLL WARBLER*, 5/22/2014, Southboro
- BLUE-HEADED VIREO*, 5/3/2014, Sutton
- BLUE-WINGED WARBLER*, 5/29/2014, Southboro
- BROWN THRASHER*, 4/30/2014, Westboro
- CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER*, 5/14/2014, Southboro
- COMMON MURRE*, 6/2014, Alaska
- HORNED PUFFIN*, 6/2014, Alaska
- LINCOLN'S SPARROW*, 6/2014, Alaska
- NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW*, 5/9/2014, Southboro
- STELLAR'S JAY*, 6/2014, Alaska
- SWAINSON'S THRUSH*, 5/10/2014, Southboro
- TUFTED PUFFIN*, 6/2014, Alaska
My bird list to date for 2014 stands at 149, with 17 new birds added to my life list (Alaska sure helped in this category)! My yard list for 2014 has slowly ticked up to 39.
My favorite bird of 2Q2014 was: Bald Eagle
Funny, when I reflect on these photos and lists, some of them seem like they occurred an awfully long time ago. Spring is a wonderful season to be out in nature and see so many different things! Fun, fun, fun!
Great Blue Heron