Sunday, July 6, 2014

Early Morning at BHCL

I wanted to get an early start at BHCL today because I am still hoping for a fawn sighting.  I didn't have any luck in that department, but I enjoyed the cool air and birdsong and sunshine.  How could I not?

Rabbits were on the grass paths in various spots around the property.


Eastern Bluebirds were having breakfast with their young.




A Red-Tailed Hawk was expressing its displeasure at being dive-bombed by the smaller birds.


A White-Tailed Deer in the orchard tried to figure out what I was doing and whether I was a threat to her or not.


She decided that I was, indeed, a threat and ran off toward the woods.


Chicory is blooming.  It really is a pretty flower.


And made even more so when a greenish Sweat Bee (Agapostemon virescens) lands on it!


Just before I got back in my car, I noticed this tiny chipmunk breakfasting on the bridge.



Back at home, I wanted to photograph a few of my showy daylilies that were out, so I was heading down the driveway to do just that when this fox, fresh from a successful hunting expedition, ran across the cul de sac.









No comments:

Post a Comment