Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bobolinks at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land

A gorgeous Sunday morning today!  I am trying out a new camera today, so I went to a familiar location at which to test things out.  I am used to using a viewfinder, and the viewfinder on this one is very tiny, and I am just horrid at using the screen.  I suppose practice will definitely help, and I shouldn't expect great results the first hour.


This camera has 50x zoom, which lets me capture photos of birds that are quite distant (when I can find them in the viewfinder).

Birds seen:

American Goldfinch
Baltimore Oriole
Barn Swallow
Bobolink
Eastern Bluebird
Eastern Phoebe
House Sparrow
Indigo Bunting (song only)
Killdeer
Magnolia Warbler
Northern Mockingbird
Red-Winged Blackbird
Song Sparrow
Tree Swallow
Tufted Titmouse

Baltimore Oriole

Red-Winged Blackbird (female)
with nesting material

Eastern Bluebird


 Bobolink

Another

Clouded Sulphur








No comments:

Post a Comment