Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ring-Necked Ducks, Wood Duck, American Crows and Mute Swans

The early morning light  at Farm Pond in Framingham, MA today was absolutely golden.



A couple of the mute swans were getting to know each other.   (Just a couple days too late for a good Valentine's photo!)

 ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤


Swans are a symbol of love and fidelity because once they are bonded, the couple stays together for life.  Did you know there is a documented story of a sweet black swan that fell in love with a swan boat?  Click here to see the video.  (Note:  there is a 30 second advertisement before the actual video.)

This swan was late for school.  Everyone else had already lined up.


Mr. Wood Duck is still a lonely bachelor!  I hope a female wood duck shows up soon to keep him company.


The old-faithfuls, Canada geese, were present in abundance.  They look like they are water-skiing when they are coming in for a landing.


The best sighting for me was a couple of male ring-necked ducks, another species I can now check off my life birding list.  They were shy and stayed away from the shore.


You lookin' at me?


As I was leaving, I spotted an American crow posing for the camera from his perch on the treetop.

This is my "best" side!

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment