Sunday, February 19, 2012

Massachusetts Audubon Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary Birds

This morning I walked about 3 miles at Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary in Natick, Massachusetts.  Lots of varieties and a lot more birdsong in the woods than past visits.  I even heard a red-winged blackbird, although I couldn't spot it.


As soon as I walked in, I spotted a pair of Eastern bluebirds perched high in the treetop near the visitor center, a great start to the walk!

Mute Swans

Tufted Titmouse

Mourning Dove
I heard this bird long before I could spot it.

Song Sparrow (I think)  Well in any case, it is singing!

American Goldfinch

House Sparrow

American crow

Female Ruddy Duck
Not sure what this is, maybe some kind of mallard hybrid.  But I don't think it's a ruddy duck after all.

Seems a little unfair to hunt from a nesting box....

Assume this is a red-tailed hawk, but am not sure since I never saw its tail!

No comments:

Post a Comment