Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Backyard Birds

I just spent a long weekend with my parents in Delaware, Ohio and enjoyed all the birds that visited their backyard bird feeder.

Carolina Wren (South Caroline state bird)

Tufted Titmouse

Goldfinch
I love the brightness of this little bird.  I think it's a bit early in the season for him to be this colorful.  He must be fooled by the warm winter weather.

 Female House Finch

Male House Finch

Nuthatch

White-Throated Sparrow

Female Cardinal

Red-Bellied Woodpecker

Downy Woodpecker

 Male Cardinal 



This is my favorite photo of multiple varieties of birds perched in the woods, waiting for their turn at the feeder.  



Oh, and I can't omit the one-eyed squirrel eating seeds under the feeder!  Disgusting!  Would love to know what his story is!


I have to include one of the "cute" squirrels, too, as he dug for seeds in the freshly fallen snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment