Monday, February 20, 2012

Duck, Duck, Goose

I went to Farm Pond in Framingham, Massachusetts today during my lunch break.  I promised myself I would not take any photos of swans today.

Male Mallard

Female Mallard

Even the common mallard ducks have beautiful feathers and coloring if you really stop to appreciate them.

Wood Duck


Can you spot the wood duck?  He makes a high, squeaky sound when he's alarmed, and it makes me feel guilty, so I don't torture him for too long.  It is funny that if I squat down, he is not scared, but when I stand up again, he immediately starts crying again.  

Herring gulls on the causeway

The wind was whipping really hard and tears were blowing right off my cheeks when I reversed direction to return to shore!

In spite of my promise, I couldn't resist taking a photo of this swan regally swimming along in spite of the wind and waves.  Doesn't it look like the ocean!?


Canada geese

Ruddy Ducks

Herring Gull going fishing

Greater Black-Backed Gull


No comments:

Post a Comment