Friday, September 26, 2014

Birds of BHCL

I spent part of my lunch hour at Beals Preserve.  Unfortunately, there were workmen in three large trucks down by the channel, so any hope of seeing birds or ducks was dashed.



 Eastern Phoebe

 Black-Capped Chickadee

 Mute Swan



Maple-Leaved Viburnum

After work, I walked at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land and was entertained by lots of birds!

 Eastern Bluebird

They were hunting along the fencelines again tonight.  I just love it when multiple posts have bluebirds sitting on them!


 Downy Woodpecker

A few migrating songbirds joined the bluebirds on the fenceposts and also in the meadow.  Once again, I find myself unable to identify them.





 House Wren

American Tree Sparrow


 Eastern Phoebe, joining the fencepost hunters


I just can't believe the sun is this low in the sky at 6:15PM.


 another Eastern Phoebe on a fencepost

Eastern Bluebird

No comments:

Post a Comment