Sunday, September 14, 2014

Belted Kingfisher at Beals Preserve

I thought I'd head over to Beals Preserve this morning to check things out.  It was in the high 50s, sunny and beautiful.  I saw the Green Heron at Ice Pond, but it flew off and I never got a photograph.  I also saw five Eastern Painted Turtles sunning themselves and lots and lots of frogs.

Down by the channel, I had a nice view of a Belted Kingfisher, several Northern Mockingbirds, a Gray Catbird and a House Wren.

Belted Kingfisher
(bad hair day?)

a bit brighter light

 Northern Mockingbirds
(There were three but I fumbled around with my camera, and one grew impatient.)

Gray Catbird

House Wren

la bella luna

And back at Ice Pond:



 I think the one on the left may have a number on it from a survey earlier this summer.






Bronzed Cutworm Moth

Red-Tailed Hawk

a rotten stump with a lot of secrets

Coral Fungi
(How cool is that?  Looks just like what you'd find on the ocean floor.)







No comments:

Post a Comment