Friday, May 13, 2016

Wings and Petals

Morning began with a 1 1/2 hour hike at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land:

 one of three large rabbits seen

Song Sparrow

 Finally, a Columbine photo I like!



 Chipping Sparrow

Eastern Bluebird


Indigo Bunting
one of three males seen


Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Curiosity killed the woodpecker?  Checking out a hole on the telephone pole.

A Black-Capped Chickadee landed on a branch right in front of my face.  It had a billful of fluffy material and I desperately tried to take a photo, but I had to retract my lens and then focus again, and by then it was in motion and I couldn't capture it.  Later, a House Sparrow with long grasses in its bill landed in a tree.  I caught a photo, but there was a small leaf in front of it that ruined the photo. Another bird, possibly a Tufted Titmouse,  flew past me trailing a foot long piece of grass behind it like a long ribbon.  It's Springtime!


I spent my lunch break at Rural Cemetery, enjoying the flowers more than the birds.



Yellow Warbler

I checked the reservoir on Middle Road and found a nesting pair of Mute Swans.

Mute Swan, watchful partner

nesting Mute Swan

Rose-Breasted Grosbeak (distant)



Baltimore Oriole with a billful of fluff


This cemetery has many beautiful old trees.  If you're a regular on this blog, you know I love old trees.

  

I like this bench!



No comments:

Post a Comment