Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Beauty in the Rain

Today was pretty much a bust weather-wise.  I decided to take my waterproof hooded coat and risk a walk at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land anyway.  I needed some nature time.

Of course, sun would have made these photos so much prettier, but I really felt lucky to see as much in bad weather as I did.

Baltimore Oriole
(first of year and quite near last year's orchard nest)

New growth


Leaves are emerging.  Soon birds will be so much harder to spot.


The flowering fruit trees were so popular with the birds.  There must have been plenty of worms and caterpillars to choose from.

Black-Capped Chickadee

Eastern Bluebird

Eastern Phoebe

White-Throated Sparrow
(favorite bird of this walk!)

Song Sparrow

Red-Winged Blackbird (female)

Not bad for a rainy, grey day!


No comments:

Post a Comment