Saturday, May 14, 2016

Warblers and More at Parker River NWR

It was beautiful to be on the coast.  It's been a long time since I've been seaside.  There were many, many photographers out looking for warblers.  It was windy in the early morning, which limited sightings, but things improved as the day warmed up.  My best sightings were on the Dune Trail at Hellcat.  Many, many B&W warblers flitting within feet of me.  Just me.  Not masses of clicking cameras!  I want them to myself, you know!  Ha ha!


Purple Martin

Northern Parula

 Black-Throated Green

Willet
(Thanks to Alan M for ID)

Eastern Towhee

 Going up...

 the view from the highest point

going down...

Black-and-White Warbler
These always make me think of zebras.

American Redstart
Did you notice the band on its leg?

Magnolia Warbler

again, from below

Blunt-leaved Grove Sandwort
(native)

 Starflower

Yellow Warbler

 The Marsh Loop trail



 Northern Parula 

Great Egret

What a gorgeous day!

American Copper

again

American Robin, hoping for peace and quiet

Black-Throated Blue Warbler

Cape May Warbler (life bird!!!)

Killdeer



 Black-and-White Warbler
I could have reached out and touched this one.  What a beauty!  My best shot of this species ever.

Black-Billed Cuckoo

Gotta have at least one amphibian!

Purple Finch

Can't find this one easily.....

Blackpoll Warbler (breeding female)
Thanks to Alan M. for ID!
mystery bird - more research needed


No comments:

Post a Comment