Sunday, April 10, 2016

Waseeka Wildlife Sanctuary Sightings

I had about an hour for a walk this afternoon, so I headed over to Waseeka Wildlife Sanctuary.  I had plans to search for wildflowers, but those plans were quickly replaced by stopping to enjoy the various things that I happened to find before I even made it to Sassafrass Trail.

Mourning Cloak
(and it was only 44 degrees)

Black-Capped Chickadee at its nest hole

Canada goose
snoozing in the sun

Osprey pair




British Soldier lichen

 Two turtles came out to warm up in the sun, too, but didn't stay long.

Pileated Woodpecker at nest hole

Wood Duck

I just happened to run into three people from Gateway Camera Club (and they showed me the Pileated nest).  Fun!  Wish I had had more time to spend there!



No comments:

Post a Comment