Friday, April 29, 2016

BHCL and Beals Preserve

Morning began with a short hike at Breakneck Hill.  What another beautiful spring day!  The Savannah Sparrows are especially evident enjoying the results of this land being managed for grassland birds!


I did clean my camera lens after I saw the spots on this photo.  Sorry!

 Northern Mockingbird

Red-Winged Blackbird (female)

 Mourning Dove

Gray Catbird
(First of Year)

Song Sparrow
surrounded by diamonds

 Hermit Thrush

Yellow-Rumped Warbler

Savannah Sparrow

Song Sparrow

Eastern Bluebird
on her nesting box of choice

American Goldfinch
at its post at the very tip top of a Maple tree


I took my lunch break at Beals Preserve.  It was so much more quiet than BHCL had been in the morning.  However, I did enjoy watching a Black-Capped Chickadee work hard cleaning out its nest hole.


See that flying sawdust?
Actually, most times it would grab a mouthful and fly to a nearby pine tree, where it would toss the debris.





Both sets of bluets above were in the same place.  90% of them were washed out and more white than blue, but this one little bunch was very blue and a bee fly was visiting them when I took this photo.




I also saw a Palm Warbler, a Yellow-Rumped Warbler, Tufted Titmouse, several Black-Capped Chickadees, and two Spring Azures, none of which cooperated for photos!  Canada geese were in the channel area, but I didn't bother to photograph them!

No comments:

Post a Comment