Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Pretty Walk at BHCL

Finally, it felt like a spring day here.  The sun was out and it was in the 50s.  There was not a cloud in the blue sky.  I took a late walk, not getting to BHCL until 2PM.  I was hoping for some mourning cloaks in the woods, and I did find one, but only one and it was on the small side and a bit shy for photos.  :)

Mourning Cloak

again


I was surprised to find a Chipping Sparrow inside the nesting box closest to the parking lot!  That was a first!



Eastern Phoebe

I had fun watching two Phoebes fighting mid-air over the same insect!


Chipping Sparrow



There was some rustling in the leaves above, and a little mole or vole occasionally came out from the cover of the leaves, but I never could get a look at its face.



Would you PLEASE stop bothering me!

His mate was watching from a distance.


The male Eastern Bluebirds were looking exceptionally bright today.

No comments:

Post a Comment