Friday, April 18, 2014

Coyote at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land

I definitely jinxed myself.  I was talking to my Mom this morning about how when red foxes stop and stare at me, it doesn't bother me at all.  I just think, "They're curious."  Then, I added that if a coyote stopped and stared at me that same way, it would frighten me.   I would think, "It's sinister", or "It's stalking me."

So guess who was staring at me today at Breakneck Hill Conservation Land?  Just about every time I turned around and scanned the horizon.....I saw the Coyote.   I felt a little paranoid.   I warned one jogger, and as I was leaving, I warned two people coming in to walk their unleashed dog.

Downy Woodpecker

Rock Tripe closeup

Rock Tripe (distant)





Yup, still watching me....


 Chipping Sparrow


No comments:

Post a Comment