Sunday, April 13, 2014

Baby Animals and Pileated Woodpeckers at Drumlin Farm

It took a while for this day to get going.  It was cloudy with passing showers most of the morning and only in the mid 40s.  Shortly after lunch, though, the sun came out, and it warmed up into the high 60s.

In the morning, I stopped and walked in the rain at the Grist Mill in Sudbury where I saw two Wood Ducks, two Bufflehead, a Mute Swan, and a Canada goose.

In the afternoon, I visited Mass Audubon's Drumlin Farm in Lincoln.  Of course, I had to stop and see the baby lambs and kids, but then I enjoyed a walk on two trails I haven't been on before.



Sleeping peacefully next to his Mama









 Northern Cardinal

 Mourning Cloak

Things are greening up in the fields!

Bottoms up
(Black-Capped Chickadee carving out a nest hole)


Just after I stopped watching the Chickadee, I heard a light tapping coming from the forest.  I walked in a short way and look who was on the ground very near me!  A second one was in a nearby tree, and they quietly whinnied to each other.

Pileated Woodpecker


Eastern Bluebird

Sharp-Shinned Hawk

I'm adding the Pileated video so that my parents can watch it.....sorry for the jumpiness and low quality!  Enjoy it for the bird!





No comments:

Post a Comment